1. General terms
- Prices are subject to change based on demand.
- I have the right to reject any order for any reason.
- Currency accepted is either USD or AUS and is to be paid through PayPal.
- Commissions can be paid either 100% upfront or split 50% upfront and 50% after sketch approval.
- Don’t send me any payment before I have agreed to give you a slot and requested you to send me the payment.
3. Process and Delivery
- The time it takes to finish your commission varies 1 week – 3 months depending on factors such as health, the complexity of the commissioned piece, other work, and con seasons.
- Once the piece is finished you will receive the full-resolution image along with a web-friendly size. Note that there is no physical product. Depending on where you live, we can arrange to print your artwork. Just ask 🙂
- You get 3 rounds of changes on the commissioned piece included in the price.
- A fee will be added if you want something changed on the final drawing – unless a misunderstanding from my side has been made.
- If you wish for me to change something in the drawing you have previously approved, I will charge you a fee to change it. The amount of the extra charge depends on the change you want me to make and is usually based on an hourly wage.
- If your reference is unclear to start with changes will come at an extra charge.
5. Copyright and Usage
I, Tess (the artist):
- I reserve the right to cancel and refund the order at any time for any reason.
- I retain all copyrights over the commissioned artwork.
- I will NOT claim the intellectual property (IP) of the commissioned artwork.
- I will NOT profit further from the commissioned artwork unless you (the customer) break any of the terms.
- I reserve the right to post the commissioned artwork online, in my portfolio as well as in publications such as art books.
You (the customer/commissioner):
- You may upload the commissioned artwork on any website and social channels.
- You may NOT make profits from the commissioned piece (reselling, redistributing, uploading to POD-services, make prints, etc.)
- You may NOT alter the commissioned artwork without my (the artist’s) consent.
- You MAY be allowed to sell the artwork if it is a part of an Adoptable. Please discuss this with me prior to paying for the artwork.
- You retain the rights to the intellectual property (IP).
- You may NOT use the commissioned artwork for commercial purposes.
The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially – means making money off it in any way not excluded from these terms.
- Claiming the artwork as your own
- Altering the artwork without my consent
In some cases, the commercial rights to the image may be purchased.
6. Cancellation and Refund Policy
The buyer is not allowed a refund once I started working on the commission.
- If for any reason I am unable to start your commission you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your order before I started it, you can get a full refund.
- If you are getting a refund, do not request a Paypal chargeback. I will transfer the money back to you myself.
- If you request a Paypal chargeback at any point when you were not allowed to ask for a refund you will lose all beforementioned rights to the commissioned piece and I will have the full right to profit further from it in any way. I will decline the chargeback and supply Paypal with our conversations in which we talk about the commission as evidence that I have completed work for you. Furthermore, you will be blacklisted for commissioning me again.
7. What do you get?
Drafts/mockups that you must decide which one I should continue with (depending on the complexity of the commission there might be fewer or more drafts)
Sketch and/or final sketches that you must accept before I continue the work
Insight and involvement in colour plan (depending on the complexity of the commissioned piece)
Full-resolution file (approx 210 x 297mm 300 DPI) of final drawing and a smaller version for internet upload. Final file formats are usually PNG.